This Privacy Statement covers Media Sonar’s handling of personally-identifiable information collected from visitors to the Media Sonar Website and Users of the Media Sonar Services (“Personal Information”).
1. Websites Covered This Privacy Statement covers the privacy practices of Media Sonar’s Website, http://www.mediasonar.com The Media Sonar Website may contain links to other Web sites. Media Sonar is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites. Media Sonar encourages you to review the privacy statements of such Websites to understand their privacy practices.
2. Personal Information Collected Media Sonar collects Personal Information from individuals who visit the Media Sonar Website and individuals who register to use the Media Sonar Services. When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Media Sonar Services or registering to use the Media Sonar Services, Media Sonar may require you to provide Personal Information, such as first name, last name, email address, and phone number. When purchasing the Media Sonar Services, Media Sonar may require you to provide financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name, billing address, and credit card number. You can log into the Media Sonar Services or comment on the Media Sonar blog using sign-in services, such as Google Connect or other providers. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to pre-populate our registration form with your Personal Information. Services like Google Connect give you the option to share information about your activities on this Website and others within your network via the Media Sonar Services. As you navigate Media Sonar’s Website, Media Sonar may collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons (“Website Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Media Sonar Website (such as Web pages viewed and links clicked). For additional information about Media Sonar’s collection and use of Website Navigational Information, please see below.
3. Use of Personal Information Collected Media Sonar uses Personal Information to perform the services requested. For example, if you fill out a “Contact Me” Web form, Media Sonar will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in Media Sonar. Media Sonar may also use Personal Information for marketing purposes. For example, Media Sonar may use Personal Information to contact you to further discuss your interest in Media Sonar and to send you information regarding Media Sonar and our partners, such as information about promotions or events. Please view the Communications Preferences section of this Privacy Statement to control how your Personal Information is used for marketing purposes. Media Sonar uses credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications and to collect payment for the Media Sonar Services. Media Sonar uses Website Navigational Information to operate and improve the Media Sonar Website and the Media Sonar Services. Media Sonar may use Website Navigational Information alone or in combination with other Personal Information to provide personalized information about Media Sonar. For additional information about the use of Website Navigational Information, please see below.
4. Sharing of Personal Information Collected Media Sonar may share Personal Information with our service providers to perform the activities described above on Media Sonar’s behalf. Media Sonar may also share Personal Information with our service providers to ensure the quality of information provided. Unless otherwise described in this Privacy Statement, Media Sonar does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for their promotional purposes. Media Sonar reserves the right to use or disclose Personal Information if required by law or if Media Sonar reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect Media Sonar’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
6. Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials Media Sonar may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Media Sonar Website. Any information you choose to submit in such forums may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Media Sonar is not responsible for the information you choose to submit to these forums. To request removal of your information from such forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We may maintain copies of such information for our records.
7. International Transfers of Personal Information To facilitate Media Sonar’s global operations, Media Sonar may transfer and access Personal Information from around the world, including the United States. This Privacy Statement shall apply even if Personal Information is transferred to other countries. For European visitors to the Media Sonar Website and Users of the Media Sonar Services, please note that in order to provide the information or services requested, your Personal Information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By visiting the Media Sonar Website or using the Media Sonar Services, you agree to Media Sonar transferring your Personal Information outside the EEA.
8. Communications Preferences and Access to Personal Information Media Sonar offers Users and Website visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how Media Sonar uses the contact information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of Media Sonar’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to email@example.com. Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their Media Sonar accounts. Users of the Media Sonar Services may correct, update, or delete their Personal Information by making changes on the “My Settings” page of the Media Sonar Services.
9. Security Media Sonar takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures – to help safeguard Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Media Sonar provides the option to use Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption when transmitting sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card information and Users’ passwords. Link: https://new.mediasonar.com. Users are solely responsible for protecting their passwords, limiting access to their computers, and signing out of the Media Sonar Services after their sessions.
10. Feedback Requests via the Media Sonar Services User may solicit feedback from others, including non-Users, via the Media Sonar Services. Such feedback may be provided anonymously. If someone is not a User and is responding to a request for feedback from a User, then the respondent will not be asked to register.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement Media Sonar reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement. Media Sonar will provide notification of material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Media Sonar Website. If you continue to access the Media Sonar Website or use the Media Sonar Services after notice of changes have been sent to you or published on the Media Sonar Website, you will be deemed to have provided your consent to the changed practices.
12. Contact Us Questions regarding this Privacy Statement or the information practices of Media Sonar should be directed to Media Sonar Privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Media Sonar Technologies Inc., 345 Horton St E London, ON N6B 1L6.